Friday, April 13, 2012

One, Two, Three, Four...


It was a simple morning
The light from the sun was barely even there.
The air was a little cold for both of us

And then you played the song
“All About Us” by He Is We
We moved closer as we shared our smile to each other

I didn’t know how to dance
You didn’t know how to dance
We didn’t know how to dance

But, still, we tried it with every little thing we know about dancing
I grabbed your left hand, leading it’s way to my shoulder
Then I put my right hand on your hip

We chuckled. We smiled.

“Take my hand, I’ll teach you to dance”
At that moment, my left hand reached your right hand
We smiled as we filled the spaces between our fingers

We moved slowly
It was clunky
We felt funny
But romantic in our own way

“Eyes on you, eyes on me”
At that moment, we looked into each other’s eyes
A simple moment a silence filled with smiles

As the song goes on, we continued our dance
Moving slowly as we felt comfort from each other
Moving slowly as we gave each other smile

“Do you hear that love? Do you hear that love?”






p.s. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment